The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Mysterious 2913 on Antiquorum/Hodinkee in March 2015.

Guys,

An intriguing question on Facebook. From Michael März, whom most will know for his penchant for triple registers, and yes, he can be troublesome and persistant, but bear with me..

Subject: A ref 2913 auctioned by Antiquorum and as I later found, positively discussed on Hodinkee. The "radial" configuration of Arabic numbers on a Heuer dial is highly unusual (The only one I found is the small 5408 ATT in 1945) The 11 doesn't properly align, the font on the sub registers... I doubt this is a factory dial.

There's no mention of a ref 2913 on OTD, nor in the available catalogs. So I browsed a bit, and all these yield watches similar to this one listed as a 2447 on OTD.
late 40s/early 50s waterproof with round pushers and a hex caseback. All marked on the inside case back with 2913, a serial 60xxx between the lugs and movements around 450xxx
The same goes for the triple date in a similar case marked 2923 which OTD lists as a 2547.

Movement numbers would indicate production shortly after 1946.. but there is no brochure on OTD between 1946 and 1957.
Nonetheless I would seem logical to list these by the reference number stamped in the caseback.

Let's please not discuss how rare these are and if they resemble Killy's or what not.

My questions:

1) Why do we not list these as 2913 (3reg) and 2923(dato)
2) Does anyone have brochures of these years which aren't on OTD.
3) How do you rate the dial on the Antiquorum sample?
4) Can anyone check if it sold and what it sold for?

Greetings,
Jurgen

http://www.onthedash.com/Guide/_Chronographs/1940s_Chronographs/Reference_2447/Serial_451658/

Longitudi (Finnish dealer) archive :

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/whats-selling-where-highlights-from-the-antiquorum-geneva-sale-plus-tons-more

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE