The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Accepted. So what about that dial from Antiquorum?

Jeff said: "And the reason that these erroneous reference numbers continue to appear on the Internet, in auction catalogs and in blog postings? Because Mr. Marz continues to repeat this erroneous information, all for what seems to be the purpose of promoting the value / scarcity of one of his watches, a beaten up Reference 2547!! Every time he publishes the claim that 2913 and 2923 are reference numbers, he increases the likelihood that someone picks up and republishes this information. And so it continues . . . if an error is repeated enough, it begins to look like the truth. "

Jeff, this is not true and its very unfair from you. I have this ominous watch reference 2547 (or maybe 2923) only since some month, the Antiquorum auction was years ago, and a lot of other sources as time zone forum, etc. called it ref. 2913/2923, long time before me. This "erroneous" information comes not from me.
I only repeated what I (and also Jürgen) had seen in the Internet in various forums and in the Antiquorum catalog, nothing else.

And this: "all for what seems to be the purpose of promoting the value / scarcity of one of his watches, a beaten up Reference 2547!!"

It is a totally nonsens what you said, this watch is rare, maybe superrare, much mor rare than the famous first edition of the Autavia, it not depends if it is called ref. 2547 or 2923.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE