The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Friday, Markets *PIC*

I used to work with an Excel owner in the late 80's and it always makes me smile to see that same car still rumbling around now. So Lotus doesn't inevitably stand for Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious ?!

Wearing my new Monaco re-issue today, pic taken a few days ago just after getting it from the local TAGH outlet store at just over 50% of retail. You see - this is what happens when vintage buying becomes just too fraught and costly in an escalating market - the temptations of shiny trinkets in shop windows easily bought with minimum fuss or thought become just too much (well for me anyway). The orange lume sealed it I'm afraid.

Returning to the Lotus, whether it's valid to draw parallels between the vintage watch and classic car markets I'm not qualified to say, but those of us who follow the latter on a monthly basis will have just seen the first real cooling signs (in the UK anyway) in a market that went frankly nuts over the last 18 months or so...

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE