The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
1. Gen. BWC 3147 NS, the watch HEUER missed to built

Looking at the vintage chronographs from the 60/70´ies, we all knew HEUER did an incredible good job.
Autavia, Carrera, Monaco...all three made in beautiful cases with deligthful different dial designs (or quadruple D).
The racing Autavias and the more elegant Carreras are my favorite ones, and I like the difference in style a lot!!!

But when I run in my new BWC 3147 chrono some weeks ago, I was flashed at once. Why?
As we all knew from Jeff´s execellent writing here at OTD, Heuer produced the Carrera 3147 with Landeron movement only for a short time around 1966-68 in two different generations.
1. gen. 3147 with date at 12, second generation with date at 9.
1. generation came only in two different color schemes, all black or all silver. I was always wondering why Heuer started Panda dials just at the second generation of the 3147...

I guess that is one of the few mistakes they made at this time!
As you can see looking at other Carreras, the (Reverse) panda dial fits perfectly well with the carrera case. The 2447 NS in my eyes is one of the most beautiful chronographs ever made!

Looking at the BWC 3147 NS, there are some small differences between the Heuer & BWC chronograph design:

The BWC case has straigth lugs, the date window has a silver frame and the white inner ring has a tachymeter scale. And the black dial is more glossy compared to the matt Heuer dials.
But in result it is a remarkable chronograph!

So here is a vintage ad from 1967 and two pics of my BWC 3147 NS, the watch Heuer missed to build.

Already found a good buddy in my small chrono collection...

Messages In This Thread

1. Gen. BWC 3147 NS, the watch HEUER missed to built
Re: 1. Gen. BWC 3147 NS, the watch HEUER missed to built
Re: 1. Gen. BWC 3147 NS, the watch HEUER missed to built
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE