The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Autavia Viceroy - Condition Question *PIC*

Hi All,

First time Heuer guy -- I've got a few Omegas and a Submariner and I've always loved the looks of the 60s and 70's chronos. I'm about to purchase an 1163v locally, and have consulted the amazingly thorough pricing guide. My question is more about condition. I'm looking at a watch that definitely has a scuffed up case, the bezel ring has what appears to be pretty typical rub away, and it looks like at least the hour hand was replaced by a monaco hand. The dial appears to be clean, the watch winds smoothly, chronos all reset (though apparently the large chrono hand resets to around 58m). I expect it'll need a full service.

I'm happy to pay what the watch is worth, but don't want to get stuck overpaying dramatically if I was too liberal with what is 'good' vs 'fair.' Could someone give me a rough idea of the grading/price of this watch?

Thanks so much!

I'm not sure that these image embeds will work right, so here's the album: http://imgur.com/a/zpyHn

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE