The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Thread to Discuss First Execution Autavia (SN 52826)

As an amateur collector I look at this 2446 as far rarer and more interesting than any of the Daytona's - I know the Daytona cosmographs are under the clever Rolex branding and they have the history and they're great looking etc, but the vintage watch market is constantly looking for the next new trend and I've a feeling the 'rare' Heuer market is about to get the Daytona treatment and lookit, these big subs are like hen's teeth, what's more they make the Paul Newman Daytona currently trading at $150-750K look as rare as rice in a padi field!
No one likes an overblown false market, but all I can say is that the really big Eric Clapton-type players have yet to get stuck into the Heuer market and looking from 'the outside in' I only see that the very rare Heuers are still looking very cheap for what they really are.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE