The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
vintage watch shop raided, owner molested

Hello collectors, Heuer fans,

Like you collecting watches is one of my favourite hobby, if not the most favourite one. Of course, nowadays a bit of the adventurous character of collecting Heuer has been taken away by the sadness of not being able anymore to buy pices for an affordable price.

This however cannot be compared to what I was informed about yesterday. A few weeks ago one of the vintage watch shops in Holland has been brutally robbed during plain daylight. Not only were valuable watches stolen, also the owner of the shop got brutally beaten and seriously wounded during a struggle which took place in his shop. This is only a few weeks ago and he is still in schock, is traumatised and keeps his shop closed out of sheer fear.

Like us he started as a passionate collector and ultimately quit his job and set up the shop some 15 years ago.

I think this is a signal that professional criminals may have found vintage watches as a new potential source to earn their money in the most despiccable way.

All the reason for us to think about how to keep your watches safe and not to be too open about your hobby. Times have changed, for the good but also for the bad, I am afraid.

PS Most older collectors may recognize my initials from TAG Heuer visits. For now I would like to leave it that way. I hope you understand

Messages In This Thread

vintage watch shop raided, owner molested
Re: vintage watch shop raided, owner molested
Terrible
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE