The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Refinished dial...(?)

Hi-just to add my 2 cents-

As you have, most have picked up on the apparent issues-wrong hands, markers, lume etc. Also-while the dial still has the vertical brush effect, there are other inconsistent issues-the 'crosshairs' on the left-hand dial should not meet in the middle, the numerals on the right subdial are in an incorrect font for this model, the 'Swiss' is too small and has no lines either side, the other text is too bold and the 'Autavia' looks a bit squat. Personally I would say this is a refinished dial, not a service dial. I take your point on the 'franken' idea-I guess the right subdial could have been imported from another model also-if that's possible?!?!?!

Many thanks,
Steve

: Hello dear experts
: I just bought that 15630 silver Heuer watch serial 259xxx with a
: Buren caliber 15.
: the dial glows in the night , the hours orange lume indexes are
: absent and the indexes are the old type like for the 1563.
: what can you say about this dial : is it an original relumed dial
: or a replaced dial or a service dial or even a franken dial ?
: thank you for your advices.
: regards
: here is a scan of the watch

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE