The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
How did your interest/obsession begin?

Mine started with a fascination for vintage endurance and rallye cars. The movie Le Mans started the adventure. All the cars you see in that film push the right buttons for me… but especially Porsche. Like many, I started with English cars. My first was a ’69 Triumph Spitfire. Then I had an Austin Healy 3000.

In 1996 I bought the Alfa Romeo GTV I always wanted. It was a 1974.

I’ve got a Porsche friend in upstate New York who in 1976, let me drive his 1967 911 normal and that did me in. Since then, getting a 911 became a priority.

My car is heavily modified. I tried to make it as light as possible. Believe it or not, I’ve managed to remove almost 700 lbs from the original weight. The car gets many cues from Porsche's iconic 911R.

I wanted the it to look like something you might have seen racing at Le Mans in the early 1970s.

My most recent add on is a vintage Halda Twinmaster. I was so happy to find that. It had sat in a box for over 40 years and its in perfect condition.

The Heuers are a whole different story. I’m completely in love with these pieces. This website helped me a lot in understanding the history and importance of these great time pieces. I'm grateful for that.

Of course, there’s much more to this but I wanted to keep it brief.

Thanks a lot. I’m looking forward to your story and photos

All photos by me.🙂

Messages In This Thread

How did your interest/obsession begin?
obsession 911
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE