The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: But maybe they can do a limited edition for the

A LE version is a great idea.

I'm personally indifferent with both auto/manual and date/no-date. I like having the date, as that's usually the first thing besides time that I'd like to know at a glance. With the hour bezel, you essentially have some of the most useful tools altogether on 1 watch... time, stop-watch, date, and 2nd time zone. This is also the same reason why I dig the 70's Autavias, such as the 1163 GMT. As a fellow WIS would call it, "the everything bagel of watches".

Perhaps Tag can do a date and a no-date version, like the Submariners; and let the people decideā€¦ like the Autavia Cup!

As long as they keep the thickness to a minimum (the Carrera 1887 was 16mm...), and keep the case size closer to vintage (39mm), that would be great.

Jeff, I don't suppose you've got a sneak peak at the prototype model Biver was talking about?

: purists, with handwind and no date?!

: I hope, that the new Autavia is reachable for more ppl, like the TH
: tourby for under 15000!

: FD

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE