The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
interesting question ...

So I am currently not the typical collector that I used to be

I started collecting vintage watches in 1999 (mostly Breitling) and have been doing so since 2015
In 2015 my partner and I decided to give up our 'land locked' life , and instead 'cast off' (literally) buy a sail boat and see the world , starting in early 2018. Take the kids , rent out the house and just go

This meant I had to sell a large portion of my collection , which I am doing slowly but surely

the recent increase (pyroclastic explosion) in prices for me means that I can hang on to more pieces , that I dont have to sell, or.. cast off with a bigger budget

So , am I selling ? yes ..
What am I selling ? the watches that bring the biggest bang for the buck (think 1st exec autavia's , 1st exec V72 Navitimers , Exotic Nina's etc)
Where am I selling ? I hope Christies will help in obtaining our dreams ;-)

so for me it feels a bit like a perfect storm , if you have that (those) one, two or three perfect 'in demand' watches it makes the dream come closer , and easier, much much quicker

And .. I hope people understand , if I can buy a nice watch here and there to add to the 'cruising kitty' because prices are going up .. I will certainly take that opportunity as well . Does that make me a trader more than a collector ?.. thats most likely a 'yes' at the moment

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE