The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: OT: Porsche 911T Vs Porsche 911 991/2 Turbo... ahahaahah

Ciao!
I'm not totally agree with you.
Sure, the vintage car driver was making "cinema show", but I drove the car all the day and I drove a lot of 911 in my career.
In my opinion, 911T is very far to be a perfect car. Much better the 2.4 of 1971.
The big problem of this model, IMHO, is there's no anti roll bar in the rear.
So you got 2 way to follow to reduce roll:
1) put an anti roll bar kit
2) make harder rear suspension.
The second way is really not a good solution: car become too nervous and ready to go in understear.
Till today I tested on track several 911 and, in my opinion, if you find a good Lotus Elan 1,6 180 CV, with same kind of tire, the difference is really big.
In my opinion, again and always, Porsche 911 start to be nice to drive from RS.
First series, from 1963, were hard to drive expecially on the fast track. Too dangerous, too difficoult. Too short wheel base.
The gearbox is awful, a real nightmare, and really difficoult in handling. I think Porsche start to have a good gearbox many years after.
Nice brakes, ATE, but too easy to blok

But, as I told, that's my opinion after many (too many...) years of track... I'm sure there will be a lot of driver that will be faster with a 911T than an Alpine Renault, a Lotus Elan, Giulia GTA or a Pantera De Tomaso (my personal top 3, talking about handling and driving pleasure/lap time). But it's very important to see if this time is fast in absolute sense.
Porsche is a cult car, of course, but not for this one... for RSR, Turbo, 959, gt3, gt2...

: Thanks for sharing. The vintage driver was deliberately losing
: control. A properly set up & driven '69T handles a lot
: better than that, I assure you.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE