The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Help raise funds for a group gift from OTD

Dear all,
Stuff like this stops me/us in our tracks. We worry about not getting the watch we are after, or we worry about sales prices.. but at the end of the day, it all counts for nothing.. when a friend we have known for years, a passionate, helpful, and loved person is in trouble.. well, it all focuses the mind. This guy is a true gent. Helpful, friendly, passionate and an all round good guy - this news hurts.

I'm not sure why there seems to be a strange media black-out on who it is, I think it's our own respect for not breaking the news.. but I'm not having it.. this is a truly remarkable person, and a deeply valued member of our Heuer community, and the vintage watch community.

So I say this with much thought.... but Laurent (aka Noodia).. I wish you all the will in the world to pull through. You have been an inspiration to all the early Heuer adopters and late Heuer adopters, and you have always been there with all your knowledge.

I would like to propose some sort of gift - could be flowers or a watch, whatever we raise. I'm willing to transfer money to a PayPal account of a trusted OTDer who knows Laurent, and can get a gift to him. Lets do something collectively for Laurent - it could help him pull through.

Money is nothing.. it's vulgar, but £100GBP from me is no a no-brainer.
Jeff.. maybe a special thread can be set up?

Thanks
Stewart

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE