The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Automatic Autavia
In Response To: Re: Automatic Autavia ()

Hello Steve,

thanks for replying.
As far as the bezel is concerned I was just reading a very interesting thread mentioning that they were offered new by heuer themselves and people could switch between them according to their needs.
I was also reading of watches leaving the stores with different bezels than the ones that they were supposed to have.
It would indeed be extremely difficult if not impossible to prove that the watch started its life as a KAF or if it ever had a meters bezel that was later replaces by a MH one.
But the subdial hands do not paint a pretty picture. It could as easily be a put together from different genuine parts.
Would you think that it would be worth going for it and perhaps trying to bring it back to life since, admittedly, it seems to be in a rough state.
Thank you.

Aris

: Hi Aris-I'd suggest it is one of two things-

: 1 KAF Autavia as you say, but with the more valuable marked
: caseback replaced with a regular one (which has been known)
: 2 an Autavia 11630p diver, with an incorrect bezel.

: Either way the sub-dial hands are incorrect as you noticed, so the
: seller's statement 'THERE IS NOT ANOTHER ONE THAT IS EXACTLY
: LIKE THIS ON THE INTERNET' is likely true!

: Best,
: Steve

: :

Messages In This Thread

Automatic Autavia
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE