The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Making LEMONADE Re; Nailed

Hi Crew
If you want more insite see Re: Nailed,
As you may have seen on the post that it was a bad deal. and there was no way out. I was clear But such is life. So I took & made Lemonade.

Photos to come and if not email me and I will email you the photos to post for us all.(thanks)
1st as you know, it had a 1st class service for $482.00. You all know it was a 7754 not a 7750. Bummer only the dial and rotor are real.

Sence he would not work with me. I took it apart this after noon and here is what I found.
1st I forgot how easy the 7750 is to work on. Its like changing spark plugs.

The hacking slider #9344 was not installed
2nd

Heavily magnetized, it seems as it was a dip/ blow and go clean job . as i split upen the train it was all wet between the plates.BAD & the so called master watchmaker did not install the top date plate correctly and a leaver was not seated so the date and other things did not always work correctly.
3; I touched up some brassing on the dial in the 30 min sub area as thay must of gouged it pulling off the sub hand.
4: I mixed 3 colors of luminus to get a true color for the hour and Min. hands. ( it does not show in the photos

Also mixed a lot of color for the sub hands I needed it to look a little darker than white to fit the aging dial.
5; A Complete rebuld and done properly this time. it took all afternoon , I always spend to much time on the day/date stuff, always have.
6; Put it in the old PVD Croton case that was beat.
I polished it up. it regualted in all positions dead on. the polishing off all the PVD took a lot of time too.

But now you can see it is a nice older watch with a real Heuer dial hands and Rotor.
I wish you could see it in real the color came out nice on the all the hands.
I can not beleave thay charged so much for such a BAD job. for $482.00 Thay should of at least R&R the hands and made sure all the functions worked. A old WOSTEP friend told me once that American and some Asian countries have some of the worst watchmakers now days as fare as franking and butcher work. The more I see in this last 10years the more I a beleave it.
No exuse for bad work for others!!!

Do you like the finished product?
I know its Faranken But I hope you saw the photos before and after.
Take Care and Thanks for taken the hole Journey with me . It all happened here. My 1st Bad Heuer deal.Did Not say to much yesterday when i got it, untell I talked to the seller, to getting the brush off, to a Full rebuld and restoration.
Thanks
peter

Messages In This Thread

Making LEMONADE Re; Nailed
Photo *LINK*
Old Metal
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE