The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Autavia on Ebay - Nice Buy?
In Response To: Autavia on Ebay - Nice Buy? ()

Hi everyone
Most of you don't know me, but I've had the pleasure to meet at least one prominent member of this eminent community and dealt with some more through the sales forum. I'm mainly active through other forums but I do a lot of read up here.

I'm from southern Sweden and probably younger than most of you guys so I haven't had the chance to build up a collection but I've had the pleasure of owning a few nice heuers in the past.

I thought I'd introduce myself before jumping in and I hope that's OK.:)

Well, I bought this lovely watch and though I'd wait with writing here until I received it. I would like to share my thoughts with you.

I know how rare these watches are and the chance to find the right bezel insert is pretty small however, this is not my intention. I think the watch is lovely and at this time of my life I would never dream of owning a watch of this caliber and therefore I will use the watch with a slightly better bezel than current one or just find a rindt bezel and rock it. There is also the possibility of producing an aftermarket one while waiting for the right one to show up, which i think will happen eventually keeping in mind how parts increase In value with these watches..

As for the price, I'm sure the bezel insert was one of the reasons why it didn't achieve a higher price but i don't think this is the main reason. I know that some collectors would never consider such a watch but the price was lower than what is expected. The reason to why, as I believe is that the watch basically didn't show up on the regular searches on ebay. Another reason may be that the seller only had one photo for the first 6 days, on the last day he uploaded a photo of caseback and movement and considering the bezel, this might have scared a few early bidders away.. but who knows for real? All i know is that I love the watch and will take good care of it:D

I haven't had the time to take proper photos but here are two :)

Least but not last, if you have the right bezel insert you know who's your guy:D

//Karatekid

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE