The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Non-Watch (almost) Motorsport Content.

If you don't like motorsport or Scotsmen, or Rolex Daytonas don't watch this BBC video interview with Dario Franchitti. If you do like any of the aforementioned you may find what Dario has to say about his life, post crash/concussion and about racing in general fascinating. I was in victory lane waiting for the winner and watching the video screen at Houston when Dario crashed. None of us, including Will Power who won the race and who watched the replay of the crash from the cockpit of his car, thought Dario would be alive when the safety crew extracted him from his car. I was called over my radio to drive out and photographically document the crash scene and I have never in all of my racing life seen such devastation. Yet, Dario lived...and recovered...and rejoined his team as an advisor.

Anyway here is the video link.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-37089485

JohnCote

Messages In This Thread

Non-Watch (almost) Motorsport Content.
Re: Non-Watch (almost) Motorsport Content.
Re: Non-Watch (almost) Motorsport Content.
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE