The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Hmm.. Awesome Kav.
In Response To: Hmmmm... ()

: Hmmmm.......

: Look at the dial of these "no-name
: Carreras".
: They do not have applied hourmarks and they do
: not have framed date window.

: Hmmmm...

: Could be that all the "manufactured,
: fake" Montreal, Calculator and Autavia
: dials without applied hourmarks and non
: framed datewindow are authentic????

: Like I always say there are too many variations
: that it is too hard to be 100% sure...
-----------------------------------------

Very good take Kav.
This is what I have been saying for 5 years & on this site to folks in emails. those dials came out of the motherland I know this for sure. Maybe some our fake. But for sure some where made for Heuer where or not for the International market or not I can not say.
Also have no idea how many thay made. But do know that thay had a lot Of NOS parts. still there and in Germany. Many have been sold to folks we know down under and in Isral.
Peter

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE