The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: The 2017 Autavia -- summit 2016

hi guys,
Jean claude Biver states very clear "this is not a Autavia for the collectors" , although in real it looks not bad, I am surprised, little bigger to fit well on the wrist, even the date window do not appear as bad as I thought first when I heard about it. all in all I like it.

especially I like the people Jean Claude Biver gathered around him, Heuer will grow to a brand that the others will wonder, I think. the tripple with Catherine sounds full of ideas and we will see great things.
l liked the brand because of Jack Heuer in the past, now I like it because of Jean claude Biver and team, last and not least also because of the way Mr Biver involved Jack Heuer again - great! wish all to realise their ideas with great sucess and fun.

thanks to all I could talk with, thanks for the input, thanks to jeff also for the new ideas for OTD
thanks TAgHeuer,
and guys, wait until you have the new Autavia on the wrist for a test......

cheers mich

Greetings from the Heuer Collectors Summit.

: It's late at night, and I need to sign off, but I wanted to get a
: thread going to discuss the new Autavia, which will debut in
: 2017.

: The big news -- we saw a late prototype in the metal and I believe
: that most of the collectors who saw it were very favorably
: impressed . . . favorably enough that they will actually go out
: and buy this watch!! Yes, it may be a shade larger than some
: might have hoped, and yes, some vintage enthusiasts may not like
: the date, but the overall impression was very strong!! Also
: amazing that TAG Heuer is so open about the plans for this watch
: -- it began as the Winner of the Autavia Cup, and there we were,
: looking over the shoulders of the designers, etc. This has the
: makings of being the "people's choice" in the TAG
: Heuer line-up.

: Good night from Neuchatel!!

: Jeff

: [top image courtesy of @WatchFred on Instagram][and of course, the
: numerals on the date wheel will be rotated]

:
:
:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE