The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
My two Swiss francs….

I’ve been reading a lot of the remarks/responses about this reissue and it’s all made very interesting reading. One thing is for sure-it has invoked a lot of passion in people, which says a lot for the brand as a whole I’d say.

Personally I have reasons to bear a grudge against it-while I don’t have a long history with the ‘Rindt’ and love thereof, to either want a modern copy or compare it’s various features against the vintage model, this certainly wasn’t the model I voted for. If it IS $7k as Jeff suggested, I’d probably be more inclined to spend that on (an) actual vintage piece(s), are my initial thoughts.

So I’ve taken some time out just to look at it in Jeff’s photos. On face value and overall-I like it. I think it is a lovely homage to the well-known vintage chronographs. Sub dials with concentric circles-excellent feature, coupled with the ‘Heuer Co’ tag certainly give it a retro look. The controversial date-I think is subtle enough to be unobtrusive, but a useful function to have on such a tool watch. In principle, I think this is BECAUSE of the positioning in the bottom sub-dial. However, my thoughts about this are also that while it sits quietly in the lower dial, will it look a bit odd when, at a glance the clockwise sequence reads 15, X, 45, 60….and will we all just be waiting for the 30th of each month for it to look ‘right’ and cursing the 31st when we have to wait another whole month!?

I think I’m still going to want one though.

Steve

:
:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE