The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
if confirmed, it's going to be like the previous re-issue...

Hello everyone

i was waiting with big hope the re-issue. Today i'm greatly disappointed.

i love the design of the Rindt and it is my great regret that i did not buy one when it was still possible.

We all love the Heuer watches mainly because of the Beauty. Mostly of them are simply amazing.

But Beauty is proportion and simplicity.

A lot of things of the past are being re-issued with great success:a great example the Fiat 500.

How did they do? simply respecting the proportions and the beauty of the past and reading with the new opportunities given by new technology and new manufacturing capabilities.

What happened in this case? the proportions are totally lost cause they fix the dial and enlarged in a bad way the bezel. They changed even worse the lugs and then introduce the Date.

Did they applied new materials??? no ...

Why don't keep it simple???? It was such an easy task...make it exactly like the old one but with a CERAMIC bezel instead of the aluminiun one.

I would i've bought immediately ...even at 7k...

if it came to the market like it is..it's going to be a failure IMHO like the previous Autavia re-issue has been.

Nobody of the ones that has written before seems so happy to buy it....

They are still on time for avoid this false step and i hope they will fix it

That's off course my personal taste and opinion. I'm sorry for this bit of anger,but it's proportional with the disillusion...:)

: But the bezel and thickness are non-starters. The font size on the
: subdials looks just...odd. I can move past the date (I'm shocked
: though that they released a 'prototype' with a misaligned date
: wheel) but the watch as a whole just looks terribly unbalanced
: in my opinion. I hate to say it but it looks incredibly cheap. I
: really respect the company for putting into motion such a
: fantastic idea but, imo, the execution is really poor in its
: current state. Perhaps it is just me and only something very
: similar to the original was going to be good enough.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE