The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
A Little Bit About the CH 80 (Heuer 03)
In Response To: Brains over beauty? ()

I am not certain whethe it will be the Heuer03 or the Heuer02 . . . Probably depends what they decide to name the Tourbillon (or perhaps it is already named??).

In any event, I believe that the new movement will have high power reserve (recall that this was the origin of the CH80 name . . . 80 hours power reserve). Also, I believe that the indication in 1/4 second (so is that 4 Hz?). Another point to recall -- the CH80 was to be the movement that would offer the capability of further complications (for example, GMT). [So when do we start beating the drum for an Autavia GMT?]

I understand that it was designed on a "white board" / green field. It is not a descendent of the Caliber 1887, but a new movement.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++

: It looks very nice but do we have any specs on it? Powerreserve?
: Accuracy?
: PS. couldnt wait for the next post:D

Messages In This Thread

Let's Look at the New Movement (Heuer02)
Brains over beauty?
A Little Bit About the CH 80 (Heuer 03)
80 hrs power reserve...
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE