The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: The 2017 Autavia -- Let's Get a Thread Going

: I'd like to see a picture of
: the side to judge the depth. Not really sure how they can make
: it thinner since it must be a consequence of the movement, but
: it would be nice if they could shave off a couple MM. -Tom

I placed my 11630 next to it on the cafe table and it actually sat about 1mm lower. Problem is cant truly remember what "it" was as there was the new monza and the new autavia on the table and we were rushing of to the coach. But our vintage ones arent that thin nor that small, the bund being 1mm larger. But hey its a reinterpretation not a replica (which u can find in china lol). How many new minis would have sold if they reissued a "faithful" replica. The new mini is one of the best ever reinterpretation of an old classic but made relevant to the modern market and its massively larger. Its a business. Will i buy. Might do, am still looking for a waterproof watch;-) Having options is always a good thing

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE