The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Vintage Servicing at Tag Heuer

: hi,
: bad thing, I have taken part at the summit in chaux de fonds and
: myself asked for a service of my monaco. here is the story of my
: monaco:
: http://www.chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?md=read;id=80582
: sadly nothing was possible.
: cheers
: mich

Hi Mich

You mean nothing was possible at Chaux de Fonds ?

Is that because they don't have a replacement Monaco dial, or somehow they aren't willing to provide one even when the watch is serviced with them ? In my case the dial is clearly destroyed, and as long as the box isn't empty it looks like they have NOS dials available. If I send it for service you think they won't accept it ?

I just filled out the firm to get an estimate for the repairs, and now I should be sending the watch to the service entire in Pforzheim. If it's a waste of time, then I would really prefer not to send it so there is no risk of it being lost in the post. For information, this is the instruction I write on the form. It was limited to 500 characters so I had to be brief.

Your comment: This is a 2447T that has been stored without a crystal, so the dial and hands are badly damaged. I care very much about maintaing the originality, so my request would be:

Required work:
Replace dial (must be correct original reference)
Replace hands (...correct original reference)
New crystal with tension ring (...correct original reference)
Service movement
Return of all parts that were replaced

Work that must NOT be done:
Do NOT polish case
Do NOT replace crown or pushers

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE