The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: One of the key things they told us...

: They are working on a pricing model. These things aren't going to
: be sold separately nor given away, but I can confirm they are
: not in the archives.

Thanks mark, that sounds slightly more promising :-)

I can see how they would have to be careful though. It would be all too easy for someone to cheaply buy up damaged rare dials and swap them into complete watches, then send off the watches for service just to get a rare NOS dial. As the early case references don't identify the original dial type, you could put a beat up Panda dial into any 2447 case and send it in for a NOS Panda dial.

In my case the paperwork does mention it's a 2447T (from memory), but I think there was no serial number filled out. Ás it's domestic post to get it to Pforzheim, and as it is pretty cheap and safe to use a next day service, I think I will get it sent off. It sounds like it might be slightly too early to benefit from a recent change of policy, but the watch I have might be a good guinea-pig to see what's happening right now !

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE