The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
From the Archives -- Prevailing Prices in 2009 / 2010

Shown below is a posting from Alex, in January 2010, covering the prices of Autavias and a few other items.

Interesting to see the prices / predictions, then and now.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

First of all: Happy New Year. to all OTD members !

-----------------------------------------------------------

First impression 2009: markets are very dry in Autavia's: especially in MINT/NOS watches.

----------------------------------------------------------

For prices over 2009:

**Autavia Sifferts have reached a flat plateau of 3-3500 Euro. With watches in good-very good conditions selling at 3000 euro currently. We saw many sifferts this years: I would say 15 I have seen at least: not many at ebay: most of them here and others on professional auction companies

**PVD watches: the silver PVD is going at 1500 Euro in MINT conditions (2 examples recently); the black and green Autavia is still extremely scarce this year with only 2 examples black and one in green seen. Price for USED oney are at 1400 euro; Mint I have not seen any: guess the auction one PVD green for 1800 euro but this auction in my eyes was not so much known to public.

**GMT's get good prices at 2000-2400 Euro; the NOS one was higher sure; GMT's seem to have improved consiberatelly after beeing down to 1500-1600 euro in 2008. The 11063 V GMT seems to be highly collectable MINT at 2300-2500 euro. I saw 2-3 examples good: but all subject to upcoming (heavy) restoration work and still banana high prices.

** VIC'S we saw many, many, many: people seem to get rid of the normal watches first if a crisis starts: the Vics range at about 1000 euro (incl brace) after they dropped down to 750-800 euro by mid of 2009

** REAL so called "Dereck Bells" seem to be hard to find. A lot of put togethers on the market. Even Vics are called Bells now.

**orange 11630: Very very hard to find in 2009 I dont know one single watch dealed in very good to MINT conditions

**silver dial 11630: 1500 Euro (dopped from 2000+)

**diver100: still good prices at 3000-3500 euro but high peaks at 4000 euro as in 2008 not achieveable currently: the diver100 numbers are still low in my eyes: many watches are making their way through different collectors: HERE a DATABASE for Registery is absolutelly necessary.

**11063V: saw a NOS one this year for high price. For the rest this watch ranges at 1300-1350 euro max currently

**skippers: range at 1000-1200 euro for the 11063 case version

**Regattas: extremely low at 600-800 euro: even with box and being near NOS

**red flagged heuer boxes: have dropped to 300-350 euro

**autavia bracelets range all at 300-350 euro now (coming from 450 Euro). They are very hard to find as single accessory: especially MINT and original.

**60's Autavias seem to loose more and more track: both in prices but also in being in collectors focus. Sure "Rindt like watches" would go high: but I have not seen new example in 2009

--------------------------------------------------------

Highlights for me in 2009

- I have seen 3 original Autavia Sifferts: two sold; one still in first owners hand

- NOS GMT 11630

- GMT with Argentinian Airfoce logo on back: first one seen with an GMT watch

We saw many people opening their own homepage for Heuer: think now we should thinking on pooling them in a good way.

--------------------------------------------------------

Trend 2010

number of traded watches will be low: in begin of the crisis we saw heavy trade traffic: now that we have traded stuff among us it stopped naturally.

as in 2009 the number of watches in forgotten drawers will be low. think the times of forgetten stuff in cellars are defenitelly over: you see this with watches but also other collectors stuff on ebay: ebay is already a platform for 97% new stuff: so jeffs comment on selling pages like OTD or other auction pages is right.

as in 2009 we will see an ongoing heavy trade of Autavia PARTS (and other heuer parts). For me this underlines that there are many "good-only" watches outside which need to be tuned into very-good to Mint examples.

The big question is: where are all the MINT autavia examples?: think still in collectors hands. Will the prices go up in 2010?: I dont think so: they will remain flat if we can prevent another shock like AlKaida or Economy for the upcoming time. Collectors only will sell if they have to sell. This will also remain for (hopefully) better economic times in future: I believe/hope than people will try to buy what they can get: but markets will remain dry for sure.

Conclusion. If you find a MINT or NOS Autavia example in 2010 : BUY IT.

-----------------------------------------------------

ape

Messages In This Thread

From the Archives -- Prevailing Prices in 2009 / 2010
Funny Conclusion
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE