The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I'm an Idiot American Tourist . . .
In Response To: It's Friday … ()

Thanks, Mick . . . for not letting this Friday pass, without a "Watch You Wearing" thread.

I'm an idiot American tourist, so like all the other idiot American tourists, I bought a watch at the Geneva airport.

Mondaine, Stop2Go model, which replicates the clock in the train stations, with (a) the second hand stopping at 0 seconds, for a duration of 2 seconds, (b) the minute hand then jumping to the next minute, and (c) the second hand then continuing ahead, from the 2 second mark. This "stop for 2 seconds, then go" allows the use of a nationwide synchronization, to keep all the station clocks on exactly the same time. Here's the YouTube, for anyone interested -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR-SFRpU3oY

On the trips to Switzerland, the train station (Neuchatel or La Chaux-de-Fonds) is typically the last local spot . . . so always a bit sentimental. And this Stop2Go model is the one for the watch / timing geeks!!

Thanks to this community for a spectacular week.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: … and I'm still in a blue Heuer mood:

:
:

: This is a Heuer Monaco ref. 1133B transitional, driven by a cal.
: 11.

:
:

: The dial may be distressed, but it still shows all possible shades
: between dark blue and metallic blue.

:
:

: Have a nice weekend,

: Mick

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE