The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Item 87: no Heuer dial and no picture of the caseback?

Hi Jeff, I've been personally perplexed to see this one labelled as the Heuer AMI - without anywhere signed Heuer to be seen in the pictures!
Surely it has not the right dial, and considering it would the only Heuer-signed item to be detected from the pictures on the auction site, I find the official classification of this item as the AMI open to debate to say the least. We know that a number of other producers made this very same type of chrono's - Arctos, Sinn, Lemania themselves (though with slightly larger pushers). I'd say it would be natural to expect the Heuer one to have a Heuer-signed dial (although we all remember Rich's prototype). Furthermore, the eagle logo on the dial is similar to but surely not the AMI's official one - and the lack of the 3H sign also hints at a non-issued version - or at a replaced dial at least.
Definitely a picture of the inscribed caseback would have been welcome to allay some doubts- without it, your own comment that it is "nearly identical" to the AMI is a fair statement and all that can be said.
Cheers,
Fabrizio

Messages In This Thread

Weekend Reading: OnTheDash Guide to the Heuer 100
Item 87: no Heuer dial and no picture of the caseback?
Item 57: interesting bezel
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE