The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Heuer dashboard timers -Auto Rallye or Monte Carlos

Hi all,

I thoroughly enjoyed the Heuer 100 despite some growing pains which I'm sure they will address in future auctions. I enjoyed seeing the collection and even made a couple bids (though I'm sure were unsuccessful at this point). It was nice to see a lot of different "grails" in one place being sold to the highest (blind) bidder.

I was keeping an eye on the Auto Rallye in addition to a few wristwatches. Regarding the Auto Rallye, their estimate seemed quite a bit off from what I have been seeing these go for. It seemed as though it was a. unrealistic and b. not really something I would've thought would show up in the 100 but hey, 100 watches is a lot to consign). I thought for sure we would see some Monte Carlos in the auction but none appeared to be consigned (but they did have one very sweet Super Autavia).

Am I missing something? It seems to be just a two button Auto Rallye with a nice patina to it. Are these really selling for close to grand? I just recently acquired my first dashboard timer (two button Monte) which I love but am always looking for different models and trying to learn as much as I can about them. I've been through the guides and other valuable postings on OTD but I thought I'd ask the group what they thought.

Thanks,

Justin

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE