The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Heuer Carrera 1153 Cal. 11

Anyone else seen this watch? Its been listed before. Sold for US $1699.00 Then reappeared a week ago with strict no return policy. Most of you would probably say buyer beware, as most of you are already Heuer owners. And I get that. However for guys like me who are late to the game and watched prices for vintage Heuers soar over the past couple years its seems enticing as a project watch for someone with access to a trusted watch repair shop.
Obvious cons to this:
badly scratched crystal- im not the type to store this in a safe. I wear my watches. Im ok compromising the authenticity with a good replacement-are they that hard to find?
Non-Heuer replacement crown. - could replace at my own leisure- or not.
rough case- the scratches add character.
Is a Cal 11 a con??? I'd prefer a 12 but then again id also prefer someone to hand deliver me a golden goose that lays golden eggs

Pros-
Dial, subdials and hands look decent
It runs according to seller
PANDA DIAL?!?!?!?
ITS A HEUER CARRERA!!!

So give it to me straight and spare me the condescension. Im a new watch collector on a budget who's also raising 2 kids. a 5k watch is out of the question.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371742767742?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Thanks in advance

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE