The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: theheuer100
In Response To: Re: theheuer100 ()

Personally I found the bid methodology far from ideal...as a bidder you really in essence only have 2 opportunities to bid, and for the most part they were blind bids. Im not sure why they chose this method, but IMO a more traditional live bidding (i.e. eBay) would have resulted in significantly higher bids.

As a buyer, I found the auction confusing and lacking opportunity to bid. I ended up out bidding myself for lack of completely understanding the rules...I don't think this should have been called an "auction"...Im not familiar with any auction that allows a bidder to outbid himself. I avoided bidding on the nicer pieces for this very reason.

As a seller I think this method of bidding prevented the items from meeting reserve and the lack of detailed descriptions and high res images resulted in lower bids.

Thats just my .02...maybe there was a reason I don't understand for this method of bidding, but IMO it was a missed opportunity.

: I am also very curious about the result.
: Yes, the situation is a bit tense, some buyers countries are on the
: top lost, some are reduced. After I heard Eric Tortella and J.C.
: Biver in CdF, I think that is specially not the Heuer way.
: Currently is the focus clearly towards selected watches,
: selected conditions, some fallen outside the sight of the the
: collector.
: This Heuer 100 auction, it was at the end very confusing for the
: buyer, lost transparency, so the tendency is prior to stand
: down. They have declared publishing the result after the
: weekend, you have to grant them the time. I wonder if my
: suspicion that it could have been better is refuted. Reason for
: me is the nature of the auction, and not the situation of Heuer
: watches.
: cheers mich

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE