The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Heuer 100 Results

Guys –
The results are in!
As many of you know, I am a passionate fan of vintage Heuers, so to take part in something like this was an honor. We were really excited at the results of the Heuer 100, and are so appreciative of the Heuer community's (ie your) support. The results look somewhat typical to what you would think: some did not hit the reserve, some sold higher than we thought, and some sold lower than we thought. On some, we are still collecting payment from the buyers – so we marked those as Pending. Here is a link to view the results of the Heuer 100: https://theheuer100.com/the-heuer-100-final-results/

A few data points I think are relevant: we averaged over 30,000 unique visits to the Heuer100 site every day from Sept 19 - 22nd. We also secured media placement in Forbes, Bloomberg, Hodinkee, etc. Over 450 people registered and we had around 1,000 offers made on the watches. So we feel as though we attracted a very healthy number of interested buyers - and the demand was there.

Bottom line – we are very pleased with the results of the Heuer 100. This was an incredible event – and brought together many of the biggest collectors in the world – some known, and many not known.

I wanted to address some of the comments/questions below regarding the sale format. About 8 months ago, when we began planning the Heuer 100, when it came to determining the sale format - we met with several members of the Heuer community to determine the best sale format. The reason we chose this format is that this is a format we have used successfully in the past (ie the Carlo collection) and a similar format to which is frequently used successfully on the forums. Some people love it, some people hate it, but ultimately we were convinced this format was the best way to serve our consignors, and we are glad we did it.

As you hopefully know by now, we are very big fans of transparency. This is the first sale of its kind - its never been done - so there are bound to be ways we can improve for next time. So in full transparency, the next time we do this, I think it would be a good idea to make it easier for a potential buyer to see ALL the current prices in one look as opposed to having to view the pricing only in the individual product page (we did a quick fix on this on the last day - but a more permanent solution seems necessary). I also think the registration process could be a little easier. We chose a 10 digit password to keep everyone safe, so its a real balancing act to make it easy, but also safe and secure.

Feel free to reach out to me directly info@crownandcaliber.com (yes its an info@, and yes, I really do check it!) if you have any individual questions or thoughts.

Note: We have had a lot of people emailing us after the sale regarding some of the pieces which did not sell. Over the next few days, we will be privately selling some of the Heuers which did not meet the reserves. So be on the lookout for some postings on OTD/Chronotrader as well as our Instagram account regarding this. If you are interested in a particular piece or pieces, just email us at info@crownandcaliber.com and we will be sure to include you.
Know we appreciate the support and enthusiasm.

- Hamilton
CEO/Founder
Crown & Caliber
www.crownandcaliber.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE