The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
***Possible scammer alert***

Gents I advertised some time ago for a Rotary Aquaplunge chronograph dial and as rare as the watches themselves are getting a dial is akin to finding teeth in a hens mouth, or s**t from a rocking horse. So imagine my 'glee' which turned to doubt when I received the below e-mail. Seriously the guy claims to have a complete watch which according to the pics he sent looks in fantastic condition and he is willing to part it out. I will play this out to its logical conclusion and report back. In the meantime beware of e-mails from gear sound <gdgsh4580@gmail.com>

Rotary Aquaplunge Chronograph Dial

gear sound <gdgsh4580@gmail.com>

Reply Yesterday, 09:38 PM

You

Photos

Thanks for your message and interest, attach pictures of Rotary
Aquaplunge Chronograph which i am scrapping out as parts, please let
me know the parts you are in need of and how much you are willing to
offer including shipping and i can also accept a sale of complete
wrist watch if you are in need of it, i will need to know your complete
shipping details and phone number should in case of shipping, thanks
and hope to hear from you soon

DH David Hamilton <d_a_35@hotmail.com>

Yesterday, 10:55 AM

Hi interstates please send pics and price

David

GS gear sound <gdgsh4580@gmail.com>

Yesterday, 10:51 AM

I have this items for sale ... if still interested contact on gdgsh4580@gmail.com for more details and photos, thanks and hope to hear soon

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE