The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
At Arm's Length . . .
In Response To: Harsh but Fair! ()

I am wearing it today, and at arm's length (meaning from eye to wrist), it does look much quieter than in the close-up photo. the elements that really "POP" are the orange hands and the white areas of the roulette wheel / inner bezel. otherwise, it's fairly calm looking.

perhaps this one won't be a long-term "keeper", but I wanted to see this model in the metal (and be able to say that I once owned an Omega chrono).

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: I like these Omegas. I assu e that you are
: drawn to this design as it is similar to the
: complicated Heuer dials.

: I have seen one of these in the flesh and it
: doesn't look as busy as this close-up
: suggests.

: As with most watches a close up does not do
: them justice.

: I guess just not black/white/green enough for
: you Dave?

: Regards

: Alistair

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE