The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: The First Time We Called It a Skipper-Rera

Hello Jeff,

that´s a nice look back to the days when we all had to learn that Heuer wasn´t just designing black, white or silver dials for the Carrera cases…

Your post form 2008 concerning the ebay auction ends with the invitation: Wouldn't it be nice if the new owner came forward and said "Hello!". That is what I did some days later, but maybe this Email never found its way to your account – at least I never got an answer.

However: I am the one who was couraged enough to pay 1787 Euro for that Heuer. But to be true, one reason for that was that I saw this auction on an bad computer monitor on a sunny summers day when I was sitting in a train and therefore expected the dial to be black, not blue. Maybe I just couldn´t imagine it to have another colout than black, due to my knowledge of Carreras…You can imagine how surprised I was when I got my new watch and it was a deep blue one.
And funny enough, this watch was located im Poland! I dont have the slightest idea, how and when the Skipper made its way to that country. It´s not famous for chronoenthusiasts…

I sold my Skipper after a short time (because it was blue, not black). Guess to whom I sold it! My first attempt was to offer it to … TAG Heuer Museum. The lady that was curating the exhibition was kind and interested in that watch, but her problem was, that they had a nice one in their collection. My next idea was, to offer it to Heuerboy. In the year 2008 Heuerboy was the THE one and only serious address for Heuer chronos. Well, he bought it.

I hope Nic keeps it until today!

Cheers, Kai (Berlin/Germany)

: It was January 2008 . . . Nic Green and I were young and
: foolish, and saw this crazy looking thing on display in the
: brand new TAG Heuer Museum . . . we giggled about the Carrera
: with the crazy looking dial and wondered how the curator could
: have possibly put this thing on display . . . and then, a few
: weeks later, Hans Schrag told me that it was real.

: Here's the posting in which the Skipperrera got it's name --
: http://chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?md=read;id=20460

: Have a look at this discussion --
: http://chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?md=read;id=24821
: -- in which someone declared that the dodgy looking Skipper was
: the "waste of a good Carrera".

: And report of an eBay sale at the crazy price of 1,787 euro --
: http://chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?md=read;id=24850

: It's been an interesting eight years!!

: Jeff

:
:

:

Messages In This Thread

The First Time We Called It a Skipper-Rera
Fascinating
Sure . . . OK with "Passing" at $3,000!!
Perfect answer!
Re: The First Time We Called It a Skipper-Rera
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE