The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Heuer Jarama

Its been a while and I can only hope that absence makes the heart grow fonder.

The Heuer Jarama has been on my mind of late and on closer examination, one finds some interesting features best illustrated by the images below.

No doubt these watches are thin on the ground and for every one example we see many multiples of Carrera and Autavia. David at Calibre11 quotes production numbers at 2000 pieces. I have no reason or basis to contest this estimate but considering how many I can find on a google search there must be a lot of examples sitting in sock draws across the planet. I have noticed one odd feature on a very small sample and I hope that this post will add further light to the subject.

There are three reference numbers corresponding to the three iterations as follows:

110.225 – Gold dial & gold fluted bezel
110.245 – Black dial & gold fluted bezel
110.223 – Black dial & black flat bezel

There is a rather unique fourth example not shown in any period catalogue with the black dial and white gold fluted bezel. I found one and hopefully we will hear from the current owner.

I have only one serial number on record and it is 356488 (illustrated below). It is clearly the reference 110.223 however and here is the point, the case is engraved with the reference 110.245. I have seen this mismatch once before and would love to hear from other Jarama owners to see if there are any others out there with the same feature i.e. mismatched reference numbers. Do share serial numbers too as this will shed more light on production numbers or at least allocated production numbers (quite apart from actual production numbers but that’s a discussion for another time).

If nothing else do enjoy the pictures and the rest of the weekend.

Best regards
Paul
www.heuerworld.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE