The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Ferraris and Submariners . . . The Evolution

Posted on Instagram by @Watches2.8 -- https://www.instagram.com/p/BNbz7j1AYeg/

We often discuss styles in watches compared with styles in cars, and this image shows one man's view of the evolution over time.

And here is the caption -- "TWENTIETH CENTURY DNA -- I had to be fair and do the counterpart of my last "evolution" post. I am a (pre)Daytona lover but i admit Daytona & Porsche are a bit like Bordeaux wines. It's fabulously rich and intense and pretty straightforward. Submariners & Ferraris are more like Bourgogne/Burgundy wines. They are often for demanding connoisseurs and when they are top quality they deliver MATCHLESS pleasure. Here again good blood never lies! ⚛️Ferrari vs Rolex Submariner evolution."

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE