The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Heuer or TAG Heuer?

Hello,
I really fancy Tag Heuer watches. I plan to buy one soon, most probably a Monaco. I lurked on several forums to see if people are satisfied with their Tag heuer watches and discovered that some (many?) don't seem to like the brand since it's TAG Heuer and not simply Heuer anymore.
My question would be: why? I guess they're plenty of reasons and I'd like to find out more about it (because I won't buy one of their watches if the quality doesn't match the price). I don't expect you to give me your personnal reasons, but I would really appreciate it if you could direct me towards a website or a forum thread that would give the main reasons of why Heuer watches were better than the TAG Heuer ones.
Please don't consider this as a troll posting, I'm not here to start a fight, I just want to learn more about the brand and be sure to make the right decision.
Kind regards,
Great forum,

JM

Messages In This Thread

Heuer or TAG Heuer?
Who is the TAG in TAG-Heuer? *LINK*
Re: Who is the TAG in TAG-Heuer?
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE