The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Some clarity for you guys....

: Interesting indeed, I will try to find the old eBay ad (sitting on
: my phone atm) but it doesn't sound like a scam if he refunds the
: money every time he sell it and finds out he asked to little?

I remember a military style 70s Autavia going for I think 1800 euros on eBay.de back in Set/Oct. it's the type with the fully numbered dial, 73633 I think. Might you be thinking of that one ? As far as a scam goes, it could be a very clever way to open one. Refunding a seller provides legitimacy, then anyone cutting in might feel they can take risks with their payment method. Would be returning Karma at least !

Looked for the listing of the Autavia I remembered. Didn't find it, but did spot this from November !

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Tag-Heuer-Autavia-Chronograph-/222318066406?hash=item33c3307ae6:g:j4QAAOSwo4pYLfJR

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE