The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
We're many things sadly being psychic isn't one... *PIC*
In Response To: I give up ()

I give up Posted By: Bryan Hill [Date: 3/4/05 10:34 GMT]

Sorry guys.......anybody that is actually reading this I am sorry,

Geez, Why? That's a pretty blanket apology from where I look.

i have tried and tried and i'm either too stupid or just don't have the right equipment......{sounds like my ex wife}

I best not comment on your Ex's knowledge of your equipment!

to be able to complete this loading a picture lark.

If you have a picture in a place to where you can point to it on the web (not on your personal computer (Mac or PC) but a 24/7/365 machine, that picture can be displayed here.

I felt that you guys might like to see my modest collection but it seems as if no one is willing to direct me on how to achieve this !

I do not believe that is the case. I've seen you ask about the 1964 LE, Carrera Vs. Autavia, talk about Verona or Vintage Autavia, watch display blocks, Autavia Help Required, but I do not see any post you've made where you've asked "how do I post photo's?" in the title of the message, nor do I see any message you;ve posted under "Bryan Hill" where you have said "Gee guys! I am having no luck posting pictures, I need some help". Have you posted a request like this? Because I can't find it.

. As i have asked several times within conversations

Where? I can't find any instance where you have asked "I need help in posting photos for display on this site" within this site. There certainly isn't any post made under your name with "help in posting photo's" in the subject. At least not that I can find.

but although my other questions are answered no one seems willing to help me with regard to loading pictures.

You do have to ask! We are not mindreaders or we would have stocked up on all these vintage Heuer's decades ago!

I just don't get this computer stuff,so the optional link url,the link title and the image url are all chinese to me I have tried loading pictures on to a hosting page,then pasteing the address in the above mentioned optional links and still my pictures don't appear in your site.

Unfprtunately, doing this requires a little work of a modestly technical nature. Ok, Optional Link URL: means, if you wish to link to another page (if you wish to refer someone to a specific page on the web, put it's address (usually starting out with a "http://www." and then the site and address of the specific page. TAG-Heuer's site would be "http://www.tagheuer.com".

Link Titie: is what you want to call that link. In the example above, you might choose: TAG-Heuer's offical web site".

Image URL is the address of an image you wish to include in your post. Somehow JM Chevalier discerned your photo's URL (I didn't know where to look for it) and posted a link to it.

The address of where the photo photo is:
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TgAAAIsX56Co*Q5ALVOQJyp0ejEJKzbamG1erwiZ9MARaBNwUk
COe!okiU2d!EY3UeB8fuqz5ZpwH2EZiwov2p3VR92B1CG1UNKXZGDqk8mYnJGPqXYjfw/Picture%2022
0.jpg?dc=4675512543866724144

if you placed this text within the Image URL field within the posting form, your picture would display, just as it will in this message (as I have done that). If this works the picture will appear under the footer of this message (with my name, email address, links to my site, etc.). We'll see if this works.

So if Microsoft doesn't do some silly proprietary schtuff with stuff hosted on it's site, your picture should appear here:

All I did was to put that URL (starting with 'http://groups.msn.com/" and put < img src=" replace this text with the address where the photo lives " > (and removed the space between the " < " and " > "and the website displays the picture at the bottom of the post (in this instance AFTER my footer contact information.

I really enjoy reading and looking at what you all have to say and show,and i am learning more here than i have in 10 years of collecting, but how can i properly contribute unless someone kindly tell me what the hell i am doing wrong....

Again, ya have to tell us you're having a problem, and saying we aren't helping you, when you haven't asked here for out help (as best as I can tell) isn't going to get things set right.

...or do you lot just not want to tell me.

We are not psychic! Ask!

Ask with a new topic with "Help Posting Photo's" in the subject. Don't bury a request in an unrelated topic and expect people to descipher your needs. We can't help you when we don't know about it.

Unless someone can point me in the right direction, i guess i'll have to take my own direction and leave,and i don't want to do that.

And I realize that my reply here might not help your mood, but we have had no reason to believe you were having any difficulty at all (unless I've missed a post somewhere).

So i promise to change my aftershave and i won't wear that loud shirt again.....but someone please help me......please.......all i want to do is join in with some pictures. Thanks.........i'm off to cut my wrist's now ok!.

If you want to blow off steam, that's fine, but your anger is simply not particularly well directed. Just so you know.

There are buckets and barrels full of people here who would help you if you asked, asked clearly, asked politely and you didn't make a huge production of the whole thing. I simply believe you could easily have gotten the help you sought with a lot less frustration if you had simply tried to by posting a clear request in the forum.

Bryan

Again, I realize that my thoughts here can be taken the wrong way, but in all frankness your attitude reminds me of the guy who prayed to God to let him win the lottery, and he didn't win, so he went to church and prayed again, and he didn't win, and he went to church and prayed every night and still didn't win, so being mad, he called God out and started cursing God out about how he'd prayed to win the lottery and he didn't win. To which God said "you have to meet be half way, you have to buy a lottery ticket". If you can't get it to work, ASK and we will try to assist you. If you don't ask, we don't know you are having a problem, so how can we possibly help you?

For what it's worth, somehow between you and JMC you achieved the difficult part: getting tht photo to a place on the web where one can point to it. It's really easy after that.

Sincerely,

Chuck

Chuck Maddox

Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only improve with time...
Watch Article Index: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html,
Watch Links Page: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/watch.html,
Watch Blog: http://chuckmaddoxwatch.blogspot.com/.

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE