The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Some info...
In Response To: Some info... ()

Thank you really thank you for taking the time to answer very much appreciated.

Its nice to know, A) the serials match up rather well, the white hand KAF stamp is 376514 and the "Autavia" hands is 376393 and B) those white hands are "good" i was afraid they were later bodge on's

So presumably these were only KAF issued? not a catalogue item Joe bloggs could obtain via Heuer (a catalogue watch)?

The military connection too is DAMN sparse at least on the obtainable net info i can find not much past "used by the Kenyan Air Force" but who? who were they given to?! Every Pilot? all the staff for a year? the top brass at Christmas? It seems they have the least well documented military connection of any military watch i have ever acquired! and these things are usually really well documented..

I did find a fair few 7734's manual not many with the Buren caliber 12's and none in much better condition.. why are they so banged up? (a particular connection back to KAF? were they likely to have seen much "action") i mean we get LOADS of "viceroys" and can get them in near perfect condition annually presumably this is simply a mathematical probability tho? more of them so more likely to be found in better condition?

You say a few hundred but that still sounds pretty limited to me! now i may not be of the world of the super unobtainable ultra rare but a few hundred sounds pretty low in comparison to say.. (again) a viceroy.. where does this sit up (or down) with all the other "rarer" or at least less common heuer's?

I look forward to the more in detail right up as you mention and will pressumably be right here on "http://chronocentric.com/" ?

Again thank you ever so much for taking the time to reply.. it means a lot thank you.

Kostas@FullyWound.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE