The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: The Market for Autavia First Execution Bezels ? ? ?

I tend to agree with you Jeff that the non-lume triangle does not belong on a big eye 1st exec Autavia but i tend to think they may have been factory fitted to the last of the 2nd exec dial versions ( ie. small registers with slim dauphine hands ) as well as the transitional cases. I think we can all guess that these non-lume triangle bezel inserts became service bezels as the rarer lume triangle versions ran short of supply.

As to the value of a good, very good or even mint 1st exec bezel i think the biggest problem is to find one being offered for sale.
Its such a thin 2nd hand market i beleive these are being traded on a private basis & as such the values could ( and to my knowledge ) have varied widely in price.

Its not a part i would like to be on the hunt for right now !!!!!!!

- Darren

: OK, experts . . . please provide information regarding the
: "fair market value" of a nice bezel for a first
: execution screw-back Autavia.

: I believe that we have seen a couple of rough ones move in the
: $4,000 range, which raises the question of the price that a
: really nice one might achieve?

: And then there is the one shown below, currently listed on eBay . .
: . with the $6,800 BuyItNow price. Am I correct that -- with the
: absence of the lume triangle -- this one belongs on a late
: version of the first execution case / transitional model?

: What are people seeing in the market or behind the scenes?

: Jeff

:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE