The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Friday -- My New "Running Watch" Still Stuck on My Wrist

Let's start the Friday thread with some quick impressions of my new "running watch", a TAG Heuer Aquagraph, which has the role with my Sinn EZM-1 going in for service:

-- legibility is amazing, which is important on the pre-dawn runs . . . center-mounted minute hand is essential (as opposed to a small recorder), and this Aquagraph nails the legibility feature!! Lume triangle is visible, even in the lowest light
-- crazy heavy weight does not bother me . . . at least when bundled up in the winter running clothes . . . it fits the wrist well, even my skinny little wrist . . . fits nicely, even under the office shirt cuffs
-- pushers very easy to operate, even with heavy gloves
-- for under $1,000, why doesn't everyone own one of these, as a rock-solid knock-around watch?

So which watches have you enjoyed this week?

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE