The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Friday fate...and a Friday gripe.

It's always nice to see something a little different Jeff.

Friday for me-

Fate-I've been waiting for the working week to end to switch to my Bund (it's a bit bulky under a suit!)-I went to take it out of the drawer.......the time is correct to the minute!!!

Legibility-well you can see for yourself!

Gripe-I had a look over a couple of other watch forums this morning, as I do on occasion. I am ever increasingly stunned by the trolling and outright bitchiness that goes on in some of them. There are some big industry issues covered for sure, but it is utter madness that some find it appropriate/relevant/topical/time-well-used to just be argumentative and foul-mothed for the sake of it. It's petty, childish and pointless and is just ridiculous. Since being part of OTD I've always found it far more mature than some other forums; so here's to yet more constructive and invaluable input for OTD 2017!

I want to end my post on a high note-so have a look at the Bund again. :-)

Have a good and stress-free weekend all.
Steve

: Let's start the Friday thread with some quick impressions of my
: new "running watch", a TAG Heuer Aquagraph, which has
: the role with my Sinn EZM-1 going in for service:

: -- legibility is amazing, which is important on the pre-dawn runs .
: . . center-mounted minute hand is essential (as opposed to a
: small recorder), and this Aquagraph nails the legibility
: feature!! Lume triangle is visible, even in the lowest light
: -- crazy heavy weight does not bother me . . . at least when
: bundled up in the winter running clothes . . . it fits the wrist
: well, even my skinny little wrist . . . fits nicely, even under
: the office shirt cuffs
: -- pushers very easy to operate, even with heavy gloves
: -- for under $1,000, why doesn't everyone own one of these, as a
: rock-solid knock-around watch?

: So which watches have you enjoyed this week?

: Jeff

:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE