The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Jo Siffert Autavia
In Response To: Jo Siffert Autavia ()

Welcome to the forum !
A Siffert with a 142xxx makes for a very early execution. This would most likely be a ridged hour marker version with a Cal.11 movement and unpainted stainless hour and minute hands. These particular early executions are considered quite desirable & accordingly are not cheap.
A picture would help a lot to spot any errors or problems. Feel free to post a picture here on this thread or email me directly if you'd like advice.
Good luck - Darren

: Good Afternoon,

: About 6 months ago after collecting modern watches for 8 years, I
: decided to turn my attention to vintage watches. I have since
: learned that there is much to learn about vintage. I am
: interested in a particular Jo Siffert Autavia but the first 3
: numbers of the serial number on the case are 142. Would this
: case serial number be a correct serial number for a Siffert
: Autavia? Thank you so much.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE