The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Minor grail : Thanks Jurgen and Jeff!

This finally arrived in the mail today. It's a watch I've been trying to buy (without luck) for the last five years. A limited edition Calculator produced for the Beechcraft aircraft manufacturer. Thanks to Jurgen and Jeff, firstly to Jurgen for posting a "heads up" in the ChronoTrader forum (which I missed), and then thanks to Jeff for provoking a discussion about Jurgen's post (which I did see). The Calculator came from the same seller as the beautiful 1163 GMT that everyone was excited about. Of course, the ugly duckling Calculator was just ignored in the excitement over the GMT!

The thing is, long, long before I was interested in Heuer watches I was interested in airplanes; the Calculator is pictured with one of my favourite books when I was twelve, the legendary (to some...) Observer's Book of Aircraft. Anyway, I think is a very cool watch and a key component of Heuer's aviation heritage.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE