The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Stainless steel bracelets in the 40's/50's

Hello everyone,

As I'm looking for a new steel band for an early Vajoux 23 chronograph, I checked the 40's and 50's Heuer catalog here on OTD to see what type of bracelet(s) were orignally ment for my type of chrono but all the watches shown in the catalogues only are presented on leather straps.

Was it unusual to wear a watch on a s/s bracelet in the 40's and 50's? Were the s/s bands sold during this period "generic" ones (not specific to Heuer watches) or is there any other reason I'm not aware of?

Thanks in advance and have a great weekend,

Cheers,

Yuriae/Marc

Messages In This Thread

Stainless steel bracelets in the 40's/50's
Re: Stainless steel bracelets in the 40's/50's
Re: Stainless steel bracelets in the 40's/50's
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE