The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I bought a weird/cool watch today (not Heuer)

A old watchmaker I know...who used to be a watchmaking instructor for Bulova back in the day...told me a long time ago that he had this watch since new. He said he might sell it someday. I had pretty much forgotten about it...how many times does somebody tell me this?...Forgotten until the other day when I was having a glass of wine in a cafe in Paris and my cell phone rang with this gentleman's number. He told me he was ready to sell. Today I picked up the watch. You all know how much I hate the term NOS...but...

I won't wear it much but it does feel good on the wrist...even at its huge 44mm size. The Valjoux 7736 keeps great time and all of the functions work perfectly. I guess the label on the side of the outer box can vouch for the originality of the set. $150.00 original price. He told me Bulova only made/sold the watch for 1 year 1970-71.

JohnCote

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE