The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Heuer Carrera 2447S - Albino dial !!

I would suggest they are not the original hands to the watch, they also look like shorter scale hands to my eye.

As for rarity, I have seen quite a few, but because there were so many Carrera dials compared to Autavia, many of the dial variations are around in fewer numbers to say 2446 Rindt and 2446c for example.

The Carrera book makes the note of all these things. Hope to be launching it tomorrow, more news soon.

Still as Shaun and Wener say the 2nd exec silver dials with white subs have a classy look, the tachy version especially so.

R

: are you sure? I have seen this too, but they were replaced hands.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE