The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Is my pusher broken??..please help

Is my pusher broken???..please help
I noticed the pusher on my early 2000 Chronograph was starting to wobble a bit (compared to the other pusher) and was not sitting as low to the case as before. When I inspected it more closely it only took one turn and it threaded right off. Luckily, I caught it before I lost the head/cap (I know the old fluted pusher caps are very hard to come by). At first I thought it had sheared right off but in fact it simply threaded off. Upon very close inspection (under a loupe) I noticed that all of the threads (on cap and pusher stem) are clean an intact and nothing is stripped or crossed (see PIC).

My question is, how do I reinstall it?? I tried threading it back on but it ends up a bit wobbly because I can’t thread it all the way down because the knurled collar on the case stem eventually meshes with the knurls on the inside of cap preventing it from fully threading on to pusher stem. Yet, even partially threaded the pusher will work fine and operate the chrono functions I don’t want to damage anything, so what should I do? Thanks in advance for any advice you might offer.
Cheers,
LH
PS-I am asking my question on this forum because I am fairly certain that the older style fluted pushers are identical to those used on the vintage Heuers that are common on this forum.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE